Our Approach to Memory Care
There are an abundance of moments and experiences in a person’s life that make that person become who they are. Maybe that time they finally purchased their dream-home, or their monumental wedding day. Something as simple as their first ice cream cone at the beach, or that new guitar that dad bought for them when they first heard Buddy Holly playing “Shake, Rattle & Roll” on the kitchen radio. These are not only the moments that make a person unique, but also hold a timeless and intrinsic value to the individual. Our Memory Care has been developed to preserve these facets of a person’s life and to encourage a safe space for residents experiencing memory issues such as Dementia & Alzheimer’s.
At Treyton Oak Towers, we recognize that there are hurdles to overcome involving the memory-impaired. We believe that someone experiencing these difficulties should be able to live their most fulfilling and enjoyable life, and so we have implemented our Memory Care program to ensure that residents battling these challenges can experience their day-to-day routine in a way that is engaging, enjoyable and active.
Residents who reside in our Memory Care program will receive 24-hour care from our devoted staff, a strong activities regimen to keep residents involved and active, as well as medicine management and daily hygienic care. The facility provided for these residents has carefully been designed to provide the safest levels of security, while maintaining an atmosphere of environmental freedom and comfort. We want this experience to feel like home, no matter where you are in our building.
Personalized For Your Every Need
Every resident at Treyton Oak Towers has their own individual needs, and we are happy to accommodate those needs at every level of care. Our staff will decide activities for each resident based on personal evaluations to ensure their safety and well-being.
We understand there are various needs that need to be met, such as:
- Getting dressed & undressed
- Hygienics assistance (Grooming, bathing, dental)
- Bathroom assistance
- Meal-time management & assistance
- Time management
- Medication management & assistance
- Personalized activity programs
Treyton Oak Towers is happy to meet any need that the circumstances demand with full cooperation & integrity to each resident.
Memory Care Amenities include:
- Independent Apartment style living with a daily managed activity calendar per resident.
- Access to Rehab and Medical services in house.
- Security personnel and secured exits to assure safety of residents.
- Separate Dining room with menu selections made in-house in our TOT kitchen.
- Transportation to and from medical appointments.
- Activities Director to assure plenty of stimulating engagements every day.
- Promenade indoor walkway with Memory Care activities stations.
- Laundry services and housekeeping.
- Renowned Dementia Specialist Teepa Snow is providing best practices for the creation of our Memory Care program.